#2 Political Unrest

 


Growing up politics was always a huge conversation in my house. My father spends all his free time researching political news, so he was educated. Then shifting into high school, you constantly heard the hordes of students slamming, praising, and gratifying different political candidates. It could have been because of the social pressure put on the upcoming youth to vote a certain way or feel a one way, that the talk of politics wormed its way into the classroom or maybe it was because of family standings on politics that persuaded such passionate discussions.

 Last year’s election showed the gigantic divide in the country’s political beliefs. I knew their would-be differences in opinion, but never did I think the country’s citizens would take it to a degree of such violent outbreaks over who would vote for who, whether for the house of representatives, the senate, or president.

The day to elect the new head of country, November 3rd approached, and the countries divide worsened and the call for trumps head on a spike tripled through the violent protests lead by the people. As a first-time voter, I felt scared to make the wrong choice for fear of repercussion from those who discovered my political stance. However, after submitting my voting ballot, I knew my choice was what I believed in and will fight for, because through my rights as a citizen, I can be a part of making a change in the country I live. Did you choose to vote based on your peer’s belief or because it was something you researched and felt strongly for?

How did our political system go from being a united front who rejoiced and respected each other’s differences, to a show of violent outbreaks and societal unrest.  Politics is supposed to be about putting a person into a position of power so our voices can be heard, and we can help change the country for the better through updated laws, policies, and needs of our country. However, politics now has become a showboat of different issues. For example, the country is hell bent on new stimulus checks and just how much they should budget for the citizens. Also, the Black Lives Matter Movement has caused huge uproars and violence in the communities. Both are real issues that need to be addressed but have been flipped into a showboat of favoritism and racism towards the different presidential candidates. Now we all have the right to different beliefs, but we should be respectful towards all. That is just basic human decency.

For now, America is divided by politics. However, if we could pull together as citizens and rejoice in the difference of each other the American political system could live on to see a better day.


 


 

 

 




 

Comments

  1. Hi Mia,
    I liked reading about your point of views on politics. The BLM movement and the stimulus checks are a big topic right now, I liked how you incorporated them with facts while adding your opinion. In high school, I noticed that many of the students in my class were influenced by others and allowed people to dictate their choices. I agree with you on voting for someone who goes along with your morals. I look forward to reading about your opinion on other topics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    This was such a powerful topic and I am glad you wrote something from your point of view. I agree that we need to stand for our own opinion but also be looking at the hard facts. Based on your text, it seems that we are in the same graduating class of 2020--or you are a year or two older-- so I connect with your text very well. There was a good flow and it was well balanced, looking forward to new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Mia. Your blog is coming along nicely! You definitely have control of your tone and voice, and you are clear in purpose. Nice work being aware of your rhetoric. Your writing flows well and is engaging. Your blog looks great, and you are working to create significance in your content. Nice job with visual engagement and support. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts